Holiday Inn Express South Burlington
Full Time Houseperson
- Supply all areas of the hotel with towels, linens, supplies, cribs, cots, luggage carts as needed.
- Keep all hotel areas clear of debris, trash, service trays, linens
- Keep walk ways and entrances clear of snow as needed.
- Be able to use equipment such as vacuums, floor scrubbers, brooms, shampooers and leaf blowers
- Be able to use laundry equipment
- Be able to thoroughly clean all public areas and back of house areas of the hotel
- Be able to perform basic maintenance functions such as using a plunger, changing lightbulbs or replacing batteries
- Knowledge of chemicals and cleaning agents
- Skills and ability to communicate effectively with guests and other employees
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop and carry items weighing up to 40 lbs
- Prior janitorial or light maintenance work
Housekeeping - Part Time - Holiday Inn Express®
Holiday Inn Express, South Burlington, VT
This position will be responsible for cleaning and maintaining guest suites while following the Holiday Inn Express brand standards for quality, and cleanliness. In the hotels continuing effort to deliver outstanding customer service, Holiday Inn Express is looking for great personalities and enthusiastic, professional team members.
Primary Responsibilities Included, but not limited to:
- Clean assigned rooms according to property standards. This includes making beds, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming carpet, washing dishes and dusting furniture.
- Place and restock useable items in the suite including kitchenware, paper items, soap, and towels, according to System Standards.
- Operate housekeeping equipment in a correct and safe manner.
- Maintain and restock housekeeping cart each day.
- Know hotel emergency procedures.
- Responsible for the proper administration of key control for issued keys, or keys left by guests in suite.
- Bring all lost and found items to the Executive Housekeeper's office for logging and storage.
- Report immediately to the Executive Housekeeper any out of the ordinary situation in the guests' suite, including unreported pets, parties in the suite, unusually dirty sites or a vacant suite when the room is thought to be occupied.
- Accommodates guest special requests courteously.
- Answer guest questions regarding Holiday Inn Express and local area facilities and services.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned; reasonable requests from a supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous housekeeping experience in the hospitality/resort field preferred
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Positive, Energetic Attitude at all times
- Prior Hilton Experience a PLUS
- May be required to work weekends and holidays
- May be asked to work overtime
- Will be required to work in fast paced environment
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Holiday Inn Express exists to provide the touches, familiarity and comforts of home so that extended stay travelers can feel at home on the road. Guests enjoy the extra space and privacy of the suites, the casual atmosphere and the many homelike amenities and services. In fact, Holiday Inn Express is consistently ranked above the competition by guests, thanks to an appealing combination of bundled services, award-winning quality and the benefits of Hilton HHonors.